So today starts a new series on the blog, one that you can join in on.
Think of it like having your own personal Life Coach, or Yoda in your pocket.
I'm not sure how long this will last, but I have gotten good feedback from my short mindset and wisdom clips over on instagram so I thought I'd share something similar here in the written word.
The format will be pretty simple, moving forward the topic will be something that either,
1) I will be personally experiencing, or reflecting on at the moment.
2) Something that came up in a conversation during the week with someone that left a powerful mark on me.
Today is all about self esteem and The Warrior archetype.
"The Excellence of Execution"
"Our Soul finds great satisfaction any time we do our best"
"Therefore we can find no better route to high self esteem than a commitment to excellence in everything you do."
Time To Level Up
Some of you may already be familiar with reflective practice in what you do. This is a method where a series of questions are asked to gain insight into a situation, and potential answers or a better way of doing things. That's what the next section "Warrior Exercises" is about.
Insight by itself is not of much value if it's not paired with appropriate action, this is what it is to "Level Up"
These exercises are take from the phenomenal book "The Hero Within" By Carol S. Pearson.
1) What do I desire? To what extent is my present life fulfilling these desires?
2) What are my values? What principles do I feel committed to standing up for?
To what degree am I currently living up to my own ethical standards?
1) Define your goals for the next 3 years. Identify what you need to do to accomplish them. Create a system of accountability - ask a trusted colleague, friend or family member or get a Coach if you need one.
2) What in your life seem to you to be going wrong? What might you do about it? Design and implement a plan of action to remedy this wrong.